Once the case is filed, receipts are issued right away and are received within 10-14 days of filing. The I-485 receipt usually protects the applicant from any deportation. A foreign spouse must have entered the USA with a visa, even if it expired, in order to file. In some cases a foreigner paroled into the U.S. can also apply in the U.S.
The entire process is gaining great scrutiny from the USCIS interviewing officers, who greatly investigate the applicant and the U.S. citizen spouse. The marriage must be documented continuously with joint accounts of every kind, joint travel, and of course living together continuously.
Gay, transgender and lesbian married couples are recognized and are welcome to file.
Why Hire Us
- Put your case in the hands of someone like me who fights for you every day and is well known to the people who will decide your case, at the Immigration Offices and in Immigration Court before Immigration Judges.
- When it comes to immigration Attorneys, experience counts. I have over 37 years of experience
- When you want results and personalized Immigration Law Services, call me, Alex Barak
- I am the son of Immigrants and so were all my childhood friends. Helping immigrants is like helping family and friends. I will personally handle your case. You will not be passed onto a younger inexperienced attorney.
- I handle all forms of Immigration law, including green card cases from family members such as wives, husbands, children, and parents, as well as business and investor type visas.
- Keep in mind, if you try to handle an Immigration case by yourself, it is like performing heart surgery on yourself.
Contact Us About Your Case
Contact an experienced Immigration attorney,
Alex T. Barak can help you today.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.