Deportation Defense, Also Known as Removal
Without proper documentation to remain in the United States, as a person who entered the U.S. without a visa, crossed the border illegally, or overstayed a temporary visa, or green card holders with criminal cases in their background, deportation
Not hiring an attorney when one is facing deportation is like not seeing a doctor when one is seriously ill or injured.
Deportation proceedings, also known as Removal proceedings, are the exit door to life in America. Many cases involve green card holders who have criminal records, who are increasingly the target of Homeland Security’s aggressive deportation policies, people living here illegally, and in cases where green card applications are mishandled or simply denied, the foreigner is placed into deportation. Other persons are detained because they are simply illegal; they overstayed their visas or cam into the country illegally. In many cases, there is a detained person who needs a bond hearing before an Immigration Judge.
Although many people believe that if a person pays his or her taxes, and has an American family, there is no way he or she can ever be deported from the U.S., the truth is that permanent residents, those with green cards, are always at risk for deportation if they have or had brushes with the law. Certain types of felonies which are known as “aggravated felonies” can result in a deportation with no right of defense. Other types of felonies can be pardoned through certain types of “waiver” applications. In addition, experienced attorneys can sometimes vacate or cancel certain convictions based upon certain inadequacies in representation in
Immigration has been acting very aggressively against all persons with criminal histories, even with small shoplifting charges. Any green card holder with a criminal history, if he or she travels abroad, upon return, is subject to inspection by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officer who can intercept the returning permanent resident and place that person into custody.
If the person has been placed in an Immigration Removal or Deportation proceeding because of a crime or crimes committed in the past, or because a case was denied, or for whatever reason, immediately, that person needs to hire a very experienced immigration attorney because the person’s life in America is at risk. It is no less serious than having a life-threatening disease or sickness.
Many persons are held in Immigration jails or even in County, City, or Federal jails with Immigration “holds.” An attorney can help to determine how the detained person can be released and whether or not a bond is required.
If you are facing deportation, you can be taken into custody where bond can be denied. The Government is very aggressive in this category right now. Hiring an experienced attorney is vital to preserve your rights and file for whatever legal relief is available, such as bonds, waivers, cancellations of removal, withholding of removal, adjustment to permanent residency. Alex Barak. will do everything possible to fight for your rights to stay.
Why Hire Us
- Put your case in the hands of someone like me who fights for you every day and is well known to the people who will decide your case, at the Immigration Offices and in Immigration Court before Immigration Judges.
- When it comes to immigration Attorneys, experience counts. I have over 37 years of experience
- When you want results and personalized Immigration Law Services, call me, Alex Barak
- I am the son of Immigrants and so were all my childhood friends. Helping immigrants is like helping family and friends. I will personally handle your case. You will not be passed onto a younger inexperienced attorney.
- I handle all forms of Immigration law, including green card cases from family members such as wives, husbands, children, and parents, as well as business and investor type visas.
- Keep in mind, if you try to handle an Immigration case by yourself, it is like performing heart surgery on yourself.
Contact Us About Your Case
Contact an experienced Immigration attorney,
Alex T. Barak can help you today.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.